[Swprograms] CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

When my JAWS speech synthesiser read the end of the most recent message
about the virtual closure of RVI next spring I almost couldn't believe my
ears.  The synthesiser actually read "Chris Columbus, Ohio".  Only when I
read the message line by line using the cursor keys did it become clear that
the message was in fact from somebody called Chris, living in Columbus,
Ohio.

Whilst on this topic, did you know that Charles Dickens is alive and well,
and living in California?

PAUL DAVID,
Wembley Park, United Kingdom