[Swprograms] BBC Radio 4 overnight: a new BBC program stream?

[Swprograms] BBC Radio 4 overnight: a new BBC program stream?

Kevin Kelly spotted that Radio 4's overnight BBCWS program stream
(0100-0535) differs from both the Americas and the Europe streams.

I went ahead & contacted my Bush House friends regarding this -- they tell
me that their audience research found the UK audience wanted a different mix
of programming than continental European listeners to the overnight
(European stream) World Service.

The printed publications that show the Radio 4 schedule (what a
concept...detailed radio schedules in a newspaper...) include this new
schedule, even though it doesn't show up in the online schedule database
search tool.

Interestingly, the other BBC services that carry the World Service overnight
(apparently only Radio Wales, 0100-0600) continues to air the European
stream.  My guess is that those BBC Services that carry the "Radio 4"
service overnight take the schedule shown below.

Many of the domestic services now take Radio Five Live instead of the World
Service.

In Any event... here's the list of what's on & when for the new Radio 4
World Service feed.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

Saturday

1:00 WS: World Briefing