[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-11-14

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-11-14

Hello all,
The International Radio Report has been uploaded onto our archive site.
Regards and happy listening,
Ricky

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041114-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041114-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041114-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041114-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/2004-11-14.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/all.html

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====

- Intense solar activity in the past week
> Daytime AM radio conditions during the night
> Still possible to hear stations south of auroral zone
> Poor or no shortwave propagation

- Corus Entertainment using 92.9 FM for radio test
> Study on 2nd-adjacent channel interference (92.9 is 2nd-adjacent to CFQR 92.5)
> Want to prove it's possible to squeeze more stations in the spectrum
> Some listeners wonder if Corus is deliberately covering up U.S. competitor

- BBC DJ John Peel has died of a heart attack
> Always enthusiastic about new music
> Influenced only by his own tastes
> Peel was the only British DJ known by name by musicians in North America

- Industry Canada brings down "radio pirates" at École du Bois Joli in Trois Rivières
> Incident happened near end of October
> Elementary school's signal reached 1.5 kilometres beyond school grounds
> IC has discussed with school administrators the possibility of legalizing operation
> Station plans to bypass IC and broadcast over the Internet

- Addendum to radio resource show
> Radio Intel -- www.radiointel.com
> Information about radio news, broadcast schedules and equipment reviews

- New Hampshire's WBYY knocked off air by .22-calibre bullet
> Projectile was lodged in transmission line
> Someone appears to be using transmitter site for target practice

- Chicago broadcasting museum halfway to donation goals

- Canadian satellite and subscription radio service hearings began on Nov. 1
> Already complaints about insufficient Canadian content

-30-