[Swprograms] Lilliburlero

I noticed that in the last few days BBC WS is again using Lilliburlero before a number of their newscasts at the top of the hour.  I must say I liked the earlier version with more of a brass sound than the one they are using currently, but it is nice to see an older tradition being revived.  Now if we could just get them to say "This is London" before they play the tune!

That was sad news about the death of BBC OnAir.  Again it shows that the thinkers at the BBC have misjudged their audience and just assume that everyone always has ready access to the internet.

Sandy Finlayson
Philadelphia, PA