[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-11-21

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-11-21

Hello all,
The International Radio Report has been uploaded onto our archive site.
Regards and happy listening,
Ricky

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041121-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041121-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041121-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041121-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/2004-11-21.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/all.html

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====

- Owner of WBIX Boston admits having scamming people of tens of millions
> Attempts suicide, records message on tape

- Minn. man killed jumping from WXPT radio tower
> Likely misjudged distance from ground when chute opened

- Cambridgeshire, UK, radio host on 1026 AM sets new world record
> Longest broadcast began Nov. 14 at 3 p.m., ended Nob. 19 at 4 p.m.
> Was raising money for children's charity

- Philippines radio host shot, killed in public washroom
> Motive unknown, but host tackled controversial issues on the air

- FCC cautions LPFM stations regarding advertising
> Only supposed to use underwriting announcements

- FCC upholds $10,000 fine for owner of Orlando restaurant
> Claimed he thought fine was just a warning
> Said he was unaware that operation exceeded Part 15 limits

- U.S. plans to sneak little radios into North Korea

- (Musical cut) The CQ Serenade, the Amateur Radio Song
> Words and music by the late VE2QS and VE2BR
> Played by VE2QS and his Orchestra; Sung in English by Joyce Hahn
(Info thanks to http://www.kippax.demon.co.uk/)

- Not your grandmother's radio: Montreal Gazette
> Feature articles on new digital radio technologies
> Satellite, cell-phone delivery in particular

- Wired: Feature on number stations
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,65698,00.html

- Please turn off your radio
> Emergency maritime channel being blocked
> Microphone was keyed aboard vessel near Inverness, blocking VHF channel
> Officials heard BBC 4 in background, so they had announcer ask man to turn off his radio

- (Musical cut) Sangean 909
> Group called "Hindsight"
> hear more of their songs on www.radiointel.com

-30-