RE: [Swprograms] Anyone interested in taking a ham radio licensing exam at the SWL Fest?

RE: [Swprograms] Anyone interested in taking a ham radio licensing exam at the SWL Fest?

> Hi Rich,
>
> I might be interested.  How much preparation will I need to do?
>
> -Rob

Rob,
As you already know something about radio, you have a head start.
However,you do have to study.

There are 3 license classes, Technician, General & Extra. Technician is
the entry level. With each level, you gain access to more frequencies.
There is no Morse Code requirement for the Technician license.

Here are the actual questions and answers. For Technician, you are asked
35 multiple-choice questions. You have to get 26 correct. Study guides
are available.

http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/pools.html

Rich M.