[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-03-06

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-03-06

Hello all,
The International Radio Report has been uploaded onto our archive site:
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport
73 and happy listening,
Ricky

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050306-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050306-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050306-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050306-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries/2005-03-06.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====
- Tuning FM while flying over the United States

- White supremacist ex-broadcaster Hal Turner questioned in killing of judge

- Holocaust denier ex-broadcaster Ernst Zundel deported to Germany from Canada
 > Arrested in Canada two years ago on national security certificate
 > Holocaust denial is an offence in Germany

- Dr. Gene Scott, evangelist, has died at age 75
 > His shortwave programs continue to be broadcast

- Yosemite Sam has been found out by direction finding
 > Broadcasts have ceased

- XM Satellite Radio increases fees to $12.95 U.S.
 > Matches rates of Sirius Satellite Radio

- Shooting outside WQHT FM in New York
 > One man injured as rapper 50 Cent was giving interview inside

- Air America names Danny Goldberg as CEO

- Public radio stations dropping classical formats, adopting NPR News instead

- Man arrested for bank robbery after bragging about it on a radio station