[Swprograms] OT: WOR (New York) World War II station ID

[Swprograms] OT: WOR (New York) World War II station ID

This is the one that begins "W-W-W-W-somebody stop me-O-R".

This was done on the Jean Shepherd program (on flying) done on WBCQ
today and I caught it off the MP3 feed and uploaded it to the
alt.binaries.sounds.radio.oldtime (Earthlink, my ISP-by-merger, made
me go through some hoops which is why it's a zip file there) and also
at:

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jmrubin/worid.mp3

It's all of 106422 bytes so it won't even strain a dial-up connection.

Unfortunately, for purists, Mr. Shepherd sings and goes "yeah" during
the then 30-year-old ID.

A few years ago, I saw some WNEW (now WBBR) posters in the art gallery
in the 53rd and 5th Ave. subway station in NYC in which they were
"Blessed with America's Best Music" and it would be interesting to
hear if they had any station ID's from that era with Ella, Louis,
Duke, et alia.