From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 10:55 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Cabinet delays satellite radio licence
decision

The only "news" is that Frulla says the cabinet will make a decision
by next week's deadline.  At first glance I thought this headline
meant that the cabinet had decided to prevent the CRTC from
proceeding.

Minor aside -- no one has mentioned that the availability of XM and
Sirius will improve Canadians' access to programming that originates
outside of the USA -- presuming the BBCWS and WRN would be among the
retained channels in the Canadian implementations of satellite radio.
You'd think the proponents of satellite radio in Canada could get some
mileage (kilometerage?) out of that.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA