Re: [Swprograms] OT: I said good-bye to Sirius...

Re: [Swprograms] OT: I said good-bye to Sirius...

The model of being somewhere else is different from the model I wrote
about; I was focusing specifically on the needs / habits of an
American speaking English and listening within North America.

The needs of an American (or Canadian...) in a remote, non-connected
place, where English is not widely spoken are a different matter.  I
lament that the VOA has not grasped the need to serve the expat
audience this way.

While we contemplate how shortwave has become less relevant in a
broadband, WiFi and WiMAX plumbed USA, consider that other developed
regions are actually more pervasively broadbanded than the USA.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA