[Swprograms] WRN adds RFI to North American Service

[Swprograms] WRN adds RFI to North American Service

WRN (World Radio Network) service in English to North America, which
has been going through some schedule adjustments of late, appears to
have added Radio France Internationale to its line-up.  I heard an
hour broadcast this morning at 1000 ET (1400 UT), which was a direct
relay of RFI's broadcast to Africa and South Asia at that time
complete with time checks.  There is no notice or update on the WRN
web site as of yet.  More recently, Radio Prague and Radio Sweden had
occupied this slot.  Both stations continue at their other times and
perhaps appear at additional times once this apparent shake-out is
completed.  WRN lost Radio Budapest last week when that station shut
down its English Service.  I noted that the former Radio Budapest
broadcast at 1630 ET (2030 UT) weekdays was replaced by a rebroadcast
of KBS (Korea) English service the past week.

WRN is on Sirius at channel 140.  It also is available via wrn.org,
and sporadically via a few FM outlets in the US, on CBC Overnight,
and--at times--via WRMI shortwave.

John Figliozzi