[Swprograms] BBC World Service 75th Anniversary: "Memoryshare" project

[Swprograms] BBC World Service 75th Anniversary: "Memoryshare" project

I know many folks hear love trashing the BBC World Service nowadays,
but you have to admit the BBC has cast a very long shadow over
international broadcasting and shortwave radio over the past 75 years.

The BBC is gearing up in several different ways for this 75th
anniversary; in this space I've mentioned my participation in a
discussion forum hosted by the WS development team.

As part of the celebration there is a World Service initiative called
"Free To Speak", and World Service involvement in a project called
"BBC Memoryshare" that allows registered users (doesn't
cost...primarily for avoiding bogus entries) to create / post / view
dated memories regarding the World Service.

Some of these memories have been posted by World Service staff; others
have been posted by fellow World Service enthusiasts.

General participation is invited -- Check it out at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/memoryshare/worldservice/ArticleSearch?contenttype=-1&phrase=_memory&show=10&phrase=_client-worldservice
or http://snipurl.com/1tskx

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com