[Swprograms] New programming on the BBCWS: Most of it is already on Radio 4

[Swprograms] New programming on the BBCWS: Most of it is already on Radio 4

I recently received a promotional e-mail regarding the upcoming
seasonal changes in BBC World Service programming.

The World Service schedule will see the addition of "Americana", a
look at American trends and developments hosted by Matt Frei, who
already presents the series on Radio 4.  It will air on Mondays in
most places.

"HARDTalk" also debuts on radio - this is an interview program hosted
by Stephen Sackur.  I believe this airs already on the BBC World News
TV channel.  It will air on Tuesdays in most places.

Also, "Crossing Continents", a long-running Radio 4 documentary series
similar to "Assignment", comes to the World Service; not sure yet of
the day of week.

A search on any BBC website will lead you to program pages for all of
these series.  I am personally not familiar with HARDTalk, but the
other two programs are well worth a listen.

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com