[Swprograms] We're still here (was: Re: Sorry - just a test)

[Swprograms] We're still here (was: Re: Sorry - just a test)

Still here...I have been busy myself on non-radio matters (egad).

Sitting here pining for sunspots...will actually be on a DXpedition
next month, which I use for listening to programming, and for DXing
English language broadcasts...that's how desperate I've become when it
comes to shortwave...

One of the interesting trends with the seasonal changes was to see
that BBC moved a few of its Radio 4 series (Americana, Crossing
Continents) to the World Service.  It moved a TV program, HARDTalk, to
radio as well.

Part of me grumbles at the duplication...after all, I could already
hear these programs online...but I must confess that they are good
series nonetheless, so it's probably better than listening to
unduplicated but forgettable material.

And another program -- new to the BBC overall -- that looks
potentially interesting is Witness..."the story of our times told by
the people who were there..."  It airs to West Africa (probably the
best shortwave alternative for most of us) weekdays at 1150 and 2250
UTC.  Only one problem...Witness replaces one of my longtime
favorites...Analysis...oh well...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA