[Swprograms] OT: end of a mini-era

My '87 Tercel Wagon has hit the end of its road -- 250km after I bought it new in Calgary.

So what?  Well for the last few years, I've had a Sony SW radio* in it, and it's really been fun to listen while in the car.  The second summer I had the radio, BBC was on 11835 from Florida weeknights -- and so at 8 PM local time here, I'd drive home from a ballgame and listen to the Beeb.  Very nice.

However, less and less to listen to now.

I would keep it but there's no place to install it in the new car, so I imagine someone could end up with their own SW car -- if they even know what it's about

(It might be commonplace now, but I'm still impressed that it has a remote control . . . )

ef
Vancouver
soon driving a Forester

* Sony XR-CA620X