Re: [Swprograms] Low-tech radios connect some Haitians - CNN.com

Re: [Swprograms] Low-tech radios connect some Haitians - CNN.com

I think partly it may be that on the ground ham operators were already scarce in Haiti. I monitored the various disaster nets frequently in the first days after the quake, and with one possible exception, (a verification of a request for supplies) heard no contact with any hams in Haiti.

But I did note that in the news reports it was all about people using Twitter before their cellphone batteries died, no mention of the possibilities of radio communication.