[Swprograms] Radio Sweden's mandate...similar to RCi's mandate...

[Swprograms] Radio Sweden's mandate...similar to RCi's mandate...

I was reading the Radio Sweden item in more detail on the Media
Network blog, and what struck me is that Radio Sweden, like RCI,
focuses heavily on its immigrant population with its radio services.

Arabic, Somali, Romani, Farsi / Dari, and Kurdish are the Radio Sweden
languages that are spoken by sizable numbers of Swedish immigrants.
Further, all of Radio Sweden's services are available as part of its
domestic national radio output, just like RCI Plus is part of the
CBC's satellite radio output.

See http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/radio-sweden-to-become-an-internet-only-station

Richard

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com