[Swprograms] BBC World of Music wraps up banished languages

[Swprograms] BBC World of Music wraps up banished languages

** U K [non]. In one of the snarkiest bits of broadcasting I ever heard, at 1005-1100 UT on March 8 on 9765 there was a music program on Radio New Zealand International - I never got the name of the program. The theme was music from places (and origins of languages) the BBC will no longer broadcast. You really had to be a shortwave fan to appreciate the humor of the wide variety of music. 73's - (Dean Bonanno, Durham, CT, March 17, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

The RNZ National schedule for Tuesday March 8 at 11:06 pm local shows:
11:06 World of Music with Mark Coles (BBC)

So it was a programme from BBC itself --- Unfortunately, the one-week audio availability of the 05/03 edition is already over, but read about it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00f1l7f

``This week Mark Coles celebrates music from regions of the world that will soon be losing their BBC World Service radio language services. We 'big up' the vibrant thrilling music from Russia, Albania, Macedonia, Portuguese speaking Africa, Hindi, English speaking Caribbean, Turkey and China that deserves to reach the widest possible listenership. Join us in helping them to go out with a fanfare and in a spirit of celebration.``

The following and latest edition is here, also starts by mentioning ``the end may be near, but ---`` and plays Cambodia Space Project first:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0086vxp
Available two more days, until Sunday. Playlist:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00f5w1g#segments
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)