Re: [Swprograms] BBC radio magazine

Sure do, John.

You're thinking of either "BBC Worldwide" or "BBC On Air".  Both
versions largely targeted expats, as many of the ads were from banks
with offshore (Channel Islands / Jersey / Isle of Man) locations, as
well as for insurance companies for expats living away from Britain's
NHS.

I was privileged to get a courtesy subscription as a member of the
media (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

BBC Worldwide and, later, BBC On Air replaced the long running "London
Calling" monthly publication that was primarily frequency and schedule
information, with fewer feature stories (and no advertising, if I
remember correctly).

The transformation from "London Calling" began in November 1993; the
last issue was December, 2004.

The print publications were replaced with weekly promotional e-mails;
those were ended within the past year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Calling_%28The_Overseas_Journal_of_the_BBC%29

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA