[Swprograms] NY Times article on St. Helena

[Swprograms] NY Times article on St. Helena

Today's (April 1) New York Times travel section has a nice full page article on the island of St. Helena.  The story is told from the perspective of Napoleon's exile and death there by an author who recently visited the island to complete a book he is writing about Napoleon's life.

I suspect radio enthusiasts who have participated in Radio St. Helena Day but have never visited there, or who missed my Queen Mary 2 talk at the 2011 SWL Winterfest or Robert Kipp's Skype presentation at the 2010 SWL Winterfest about the efforts of his team of hams and SWLs who restored the annual SW broadcast program from this rare DX target will enjoy this historian's perspective on how the "Saints" are getting along in 2012.

The completion of the airport in 2015 will likely bring an economic and tourist boom to the island.  Maybe some day the newbies might even rebuild Radio St. Helena.

Joe Buch
N2JB
West Palm Beach Florida