[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 7 (Revised to add CBC program link)

Podcasts from international and public radio sources that I've found particularly interesting and edifying as I'm "plodding along" in my regular exercise regimen.

In addition to via the websites referenced, these podcasts generally are made available through several other popular internet sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.

BIG IDEAS - ABC Radio National
Smaller Government, Bigger Economy?
Should we shrink the public sector and give the market a greater share? With the current focus on reducing public debt, the federal treasurer says we have unsustainable expectations about what governments can deliver and so governments need to cut spending and downsize. But does smaller government guarantee economic growth? Will the private sector rise to fill the space? (55')
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/smaller-government-bigger-economy/5576556

UNDER THE INFLUENCE - CBC Radio One
The Elevator Pitch
The definition of an elevator pitch is being able to pitch an idea in the time it takes an elevator to go from the first floor to the second.  Distilling a selling idea down to a few words is the ultimate test: If it can be encapsulated in one compelling sentence, it's strong. If it can't be, the idea is probably fuzzy. We'll talk about some of the best elevator pitches ever used, from the world of business, books and movies - and we'll talk about why elevator pitches make marketing campaigns better. (28')
http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence/season-3/2014/04/05/elevator-pitches-1/