[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 13

These are some podcasts from international and public radio sources that I've found particularly interesting and edifying as I'm "plodding along" in my regular exercise regimen.

In addition to via the websites referenced, these podcasts generally are made available through several other popular internet sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.

------------------------------

ALL IN THE MIND - ABC Radio National
Willpower
Willpower is the greatest human strength and helps us to reach any goal we choose according to the pioneering research psychologist Roy Baumeister. He shows that our ability to control ourselves is a finite energy, it is fuelled by glucose and like a muscle, it can be strengthened with specific exercises. We also hear the latest on how self control relates to anger and aggression. (29')
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/allinthemind/willpower/5552818
(Transcript also available.)

SUNDAY MISCELLANY - RTE Radio 1
June 22, 2014
"Its new radio essays and occasional poetry followed by complementary music* capture our times, passions and curiosities. The contributor led content is selected from open submission and commissioned writing presented by new voices and established names.  Reportage, appreciations, memory pieces, poetry, travel writing and personal accounts of events and happenings are the stuff of Sunday Miscellany. The programme is part of Sunday mornings since 1968. It is essential listening to thousands across Ireland and the world." [from the RTE Radio 1 program web page]
Freewheeling by Michael O’Loughlin
Fire by Carmel Cummins
Handbags by Katy Hayes
Coming Home for Good by Denis Sampson
The Telegraph by Henry Bacík
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/sunday-miscellany/programmes/2014/0622/625635-sunday-miscellany-22-june-2014/
(*Due to rights restrictions, the music portions are available only on the live radio version.)