Re: [Swprograms] Changes to BBC Radio streaming, future impact on World Service formats?

As Rob points out, this is a rather insane change. If I¹m streaming
something, it¹s usually when I¹m outside - not sitting at a computer.
Otherwise I have my phone piped into my audio system. Key here is
mobile/portable. Unless, of course, part of their plans are to revive
their own app that¹s been fitted with the required protocols, making this
even more of a smokescreen for proprietary ip that they¹ve been somehow
licensed to use.

Except for the occasional program on 6 Music on TuneIn, the only other
thing I bother with is 5 Live¹s 606 program - which is podded anyway. BBC
just doesn¹t do sports like they used to, and what¹s there is usually
blacked out for "rights restriction².

Would agree that pods are probably the next thing to go, but I sincerely
doubt others would be silly enough to follow this. I mean, once you¹ve
established an audience, why would you limit it all to hell by changing an
established and widely-used format?

Mark