[Swprograms] Have a great SWLFest! 1 Radio News says hello, wants feedback, 67% off

Hey all, it was great to receive a couple of invites to SWLFest. While I can't be there in person, I wanted to be there in spirit.

Based on the comments about the Pro app (currently $3), shortwave listeners and radio news junkies love this version of my Android app.

You can try out the free version - http:://bit.ly/1radioapps or get the 100+ station pro version for 99 cents (67% off) through the weekend:

  Âhttp://bit.ly/1radionewspro

Here are some of the reviews (4.8 stars):
If you are on Twitter, please share:

  Âhttps://twitter.com/1RadioNews/status/571367304555966464

Here are some ideas I need feedback/help on:

1. Adding direct streams to international public/gov broadcasters in the Pro with the time of the UTC ÂEnglish program shared. I am finding it very hard to suss out which streams eventually have an English program (fyi, Radio Poland is super smart with language-based streams). Anyone want to help crowd-source these direct stream links?

2. Adding direct links to the pages with English program podcasts AND then adding a feature to simply play just the latest program. (Other more complicated podcast services already cover going back in time ... for me radio is about what's now.) Is this a good idea?

For example, does RAE offer their own podcasts for - http://rae.radionacional.com.ar/?page_id=110 - the Radio360.eu option doesn't seem to start right with the English program which app users would expect ÂÂ

3. Kickstarter for iOS version? As this is still a hobby that might break even if a few years :-), I've said the free version needs 10,000 active install (currently approaching 1500) on Android before I can consider going the hole more with the dream of sharing the diversity of quality world news radio on another platform. Can folks image people essentially donating money (say $25-100) for "perks" to make an iPhone version happen far sooner???Â

Have a great SWLFest!

Steven Clift
http://1radionews.com