[Swprograms] Seeking shortwave online streams ... with some English

Thanks to great resources like the WOR Hitlist and Primetime Shortwave schedules I've been sleuthing across the Internet to find often very buried international broadcaster streams to my 1 Radio News Android app.

I've expanded from English-only streams to streams with at least some English programming.

I need help ferreting out live "open streams" for:

1. Voice of Nigeria (flash)
2. IBA Reka from Israel (flash)
3. Voice of Indonesia (audio-only)
4. India's General Overseas Service
5. Radyo Pilipinas DZRP
6. Bangladesh Batar (they have on-demand only)
7. Radio Cairo
8. Radio Kuwait
9. Voice of Mongolia (they have on-demand only)
10. Radio Sultanate Oman
11. Sudan's Voice of Africa
12. Radio Taiwan Intl (only on-demand)
13. Voice of Tajikistan
14. Radio Vanuatu
15. Radio Sanna from Yemen
16. North Korea

If you have Internet streams for these (any format), please get in touch:

 Âcomments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note: http://1radionews.comÂ

There is a video for non-Android users:Âhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGAVRVo5Pw

Here is what I added recently to the "pro" version:

1. Saudia Radio
2. Radio Prague
3. Radio Romania International
4. Iran IRIB
5. Radio Havana
6. Radio Exterior Spain
7. Radio Slovakia IntlÂ
8. Radio Sweden P6
9. Radio Exterior Argentina
10. Voice of Croatia
11. International Radio Serbia
12. Radio Tirana 3
13. Voice of Vietnam
14. Voice of Turkey World
15. Radio Bahrain

Finding the stream for each station and adding to the app takes up to three hours of digging. Some take just minutes while the Voice of Turkey took me hours to identify correctly.

For quite some time that app has had:

1. Channel Africa
2. Radio China Intl
3. Radio Sputnik Russia
4. Deutche Welle
5. KBS from Korea
6. World Radio Network
7. Voice of America
8. BBC World Service
9. Radio New Zealand International
10. Radio France Internationale
11. Radio Australia International
12. Radio Belarus
13.ÂUkraine Radio Intl
14. Radio Poland

And loads more streams for domestic news services from English speaking countries including representative "samplers" of commercial talk radio and sports talk radio.

I've also added a bunch of English-language local FM stations in non-Native English speaking countries which tend to have news/talk in morning local time.

While many of these stations can be found buried in TuneIn (many with dead links), what I enjoy is the ability to quickly surf the dial to see what's on. While podcasts allow you to go into programs on-demand, there is something about "live" radio which I personally find more appealing and filled with unexpected surprises.

Finally, people ask about an iOS version all of the time. I've set a challenge before I invest more into the app to get it to 10,000 active installs (up from 2,000 on the free version) or if community interest in a Kickstarter effort emerges to cover the development costs. If you want to help in some way, let me know: comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers,
Steven Clift