[Swprograms] BBC World Service: Alistair Cooke Memorial Lecture

Came across this while browsing the BBC World Service website.

The BBC has invited historian Prof David Blight of Yale University to
present the 2015 Alistair Cooke Memorial Lecture...

"...At a time when the issue of race is at the forefront of debate in
America, Prof Blight will explore how the role and experience of
African-Americans during and after the war is often overshadowed by
stories of brave men from the North and South."

I perk up anytime I see mention of Cooke...his "Letter From America"
program was one of the half-dozen "listening appointments" I kept each
week, along with RNW's "Media Network" and DW's "Larry Wayne's Random
Selection"...

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qh7vf

By the way, more than 500 episodes of "Letter From America" can be
heard at the BBC website, including one from 1949; it looks like
everything since 1978 is available online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f6hbp

Best regards,

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA