[Swprograms] Podding Along (Again) - Issue 23

Yes, I realize itâs been many months since this project last appeared.  By way of explanation, the genesis of Podding Along lay with the podcast listening I do while performing "pedestrian road workâ â i.e.: so-called âpower walkingâ.  The latter hasnât been as consistent I wouldâve liked due to minor injuries, inclement weather and other interruptions regularly interfering with the effort.  In re-committing myself to the physical health benefits of this exercise, I am also recommitting myself to the mental health benefits of the podcast listening that is part and parcel of that exercise; and of sharing all that with you, such as it may be.

âAddiction: Why Do Some People Succumb to It?"
THE WHY FACTOR - BBC World Service
What happens when the biochemistry of the brainâs pleasure and reward system goes wrong? How can something that starts off being pleasurable end up making us feel so low? Mike Williams talks to scientists and former addicts to search for some answers to the power of addiction.  (18â)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03j8wv4

âFighting the Jihadi Narrative.â  âDoes Camus Still Live for this Century?â
LATE NIGHT LIVE - ABC Radio National
In  Melbourne on February 18, the 'new landscapes of terrorism conference' brought together local and international experts on terrorism.  The aim of the conference was to do more than talk about the increasing number of terrorist attacks around the world. The conference provided some realistic policy approaches to issues like radicalization of young people and the foreign fighter phenomenon.
The Outsider' is one of the 20th century's most famous works, so does Albert Camus' novel still live for this century? Peter Craven is one of Australia's best known literary critics and public intellectuals and discusses this with Phillip Adams.
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/18-february-2016/7181904

John Figliozzi
The Worldwide Listening Guide
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com