[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 35

Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.
Apart from the originating programâs web site, most programs are made available through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.  Some of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Admittedly, the subject matter here is composed of what interests me.  However, my tastes are rather eclectic; so, perhaps something here might interest you as well..

ââ

âThe Musesâ
IN OUR TIME - BBC Radio 4
Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss the Muses and their role in Greek mythology, when they were goddesses of poetry, song, music and dance: what the Greeks called mousike, 'the art of the Muses' from which we derive our word 'music.' While the number of Muses, their origin and their roles varied in different accounts and at different times, they were consistently linked with the nature of artistic inspiration. This raised a question for philosophers then and since: was a creative person an empty vessel into which the Muses poured their gifts, at their will, or could that person do something to make inspiration flow? (43")
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bft7v

âResilient Citiesâ
BIG IDEAS - ABC Radio National
Cities will need to become more resilient to the extremes of weather and the pressures brought about by increasing urbanisation. A first-time voter at this yearâs election will have lived through the 10 warmest years on record; over half their life. Global temperature rises, bigger cities, and depletion of resources spell major changes for our cities. How do we plan, build, design and innovate for resilient cities? Recorded at the CRC Association annual conference, The Business of Innovation, Brisbane, March 9th, 2016. (54â)
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/resilient-cities/7267378

ââ

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com