[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 78

Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.
I do it while âpower walkingâ (most) every other day.  The âartâ of putting one foot in front of the other can be pretty monotonous and by âpodding alongâ while Iâm plodding along my mind gets something to do along with my body. Some of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Apart from the originating programâs web site, most programs are made available through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn. Hereâs another in a continuing series of small samplings:

ââ

âStar Trek: The Early Years"
WITNESS - BBC World Service
On 8 September 1966 the cult American science fiction series first went on air. It was not an immediate hit with audiences. Herb Solow, the original producer of the series, spoke to Ashley Byrne about how the first Star Trek was made. (9â)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p046cjmt

âMember of Hong Kong's Legislative Council - Nathan Lawâ
HARDTALK - BBC World Service
Remember the pro-democracy umbrella protests in Hong Kong a couple of years ago? They ended up as something of a damp squib, but the young leaders of the movement havenât disappeared. Nathan Law has just won a seat in Hong Kongâs Legislative Council and he's at the head of a so-called localist movement demanding a referendum on self-determination for the territory. Will Beijing try to silence Nathan Law?  (24â)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04787hr

"US Senator - Lindsey Grahamâ
HARDTALK - BBC World Service
Sarah Montague speaks to United States Senator Lindsey Graham about American foreign policy and why he thinks Donald Trump is not fit to be president. (24â)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p046cj6r

__ __

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com