[Swprograms] "Best of" podcasts on shortwave?

An interesting opportunity to combine my idea competition experience from E-Democracy.org and my global radio mobile app work in one!

https://challenges.openideo.com/challenge/bridgebuilder/ideas/world-radio-bridge

In a nutshell, I propose:

1. Crowd supported 2 minute daily radio news podcast updates from 100+ developing nations shared with world in English and also in the most used local language.

2. "Best of" podcasts broadcast to the remotest areas on shortwave and packaged up for open reuse by community radio everywhere.

3. Improved http://1RadioNews.com apps, web version, etc. that helps people create their daily mixes of news headlines from countries of interest and languages if interest.

This was submitted into a "peace, prosperity, and planet" $1M grant competition funded by GHR Foundation - Âhttp://www.ghrfoundation.org - which just happens to be based in my home town of Minneapolis.

Cheers,
Steven Clift

P.S. 1 Radio News is approaching 100,000 downloads on Google Play. Try it: http://1radionews.com

I've further invested in a more advanced iOS prototype that is 75% toward public release.Â

My bootstrapped app seems to have more Android traction than most emerging audio *news* related apps with millions in venture funds (NPR One is the exception, but they aren't very global), but I see this as a potential quarter time gig unless I suddenly explode to 1M downloads.Â