[Swprograms] Radio Sultanate Of Oman 15140khz Observation

I did catch something interesting on the air yesterday... you know how recently Oman switched their english broadcast to the 1500-1600UTC time slot?

Well all this month,, through August 26th they are doing a live broadcast from the Shlalah Festival 7 to 8pm oman local time each day which is... drum roll... 1500 to 1600utc.

They were inviting people from all over. I also heard them mention how it is 15 degrees celsisus cooler aorund the coast where the festival is being held compared to Muscat environs where the station is located.

I wonder if english switches back after the festival and they are using Shortwave to reach out to folks in more far flung parts of Oman or other nearby countries to invite them to the festival?

Also of note, 12015 which is scheduled for 2200-0200 in Arabic was mistakently english two nights ago.. but i also rarely hear it and last night, it wasn't there at all.