Re: [Swprograms] The Man Behind 1 Radio News | Radio magazine

Thanks Richard!

I think folks here might be interested in my rough draft dirty laundry list of world radio news that isn't quite as accessible on-demand as it should be.

I would think we'd still have some international programming in English from places like Serbia, Bulgaria, etc. IF five plus years ago they had jumped into the full podcast ecology and built up an audience for their "external services" via a new channel. I am 100% for shortwave, but that content needs a solid digital platform to boost its domestic political viability.

See:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h594VLTds2eThEVaR4Vzbwsl_Niozu3vN9wRYatLThE

Also, here are relevant parts of my email interview that didn't appear in the article:

Youâd think Western media or media development networks would work to help Kenya fix their radio streams before the Russians or Chinese do?

I also have this crazy idea that we should take the best of news radio on-demand/podcasts and blast them with permission to the remotest parts of the world via shortwave (and of course as live streams and like the World Radio Network, encourage FM rebroadcasting overnights and more).

Cheers,
Steve