[Swprograms] First Casting Call for the 2018 Winter SWL Fest

Yes, itâs (already!) that time of the year again.

We invite one and all to be a part of the 2018 Winter SWL Fest on
March 1, 2 and 3 at the Doubletree Guest Suites in fashionable
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. That's just 105 days away as I type this.

This will be the 31st such annual gathering and due to popular demand
we have added an extra half day, opening the event on Thursday
afternoon and continuing through all of Friday and Saturday. Details and
background info from <www.swlfest.com>.

One of the centerpieces of the Fest weekend is our line-up of informative
and entertaining forums.  How do we get them? These  excellent sessions
are put together and presented by you and people just like youâpeople
with a deep and abiding interest in radio and a willingness to share what
they've experienced, learned and know.

So, how about it?  Have you a topic that you think Fest participants
will find interesting and would be willing to present?  Tell us about it. If
youâve already contacted us, chances are we have your e-mail on file.
However, chances are also that we donât.  So, please re-contact us at
this time just to make sure.

Your role will be to lead a one hour session forum.  That means
preparing about a half-hour presentation that leaves plenty of time
for audience questions and interaction.  It can be anything from a
serious (or comic) lecture (or both) to a multimedia extravaganza.
Your choice!

And as a gesture of appreciation (and perhaps some measure of small
compensation for your efforts), the Fest will comp your registration
fee if your proposal is accepted by the Organizing Committee (which
consists of Rich Cuff, yours truly and a Magic 8 Ball we found in Richâs
attic when looking for old Fest printed programs and giveaways.  We are
seeking your help in fashioning a balanced and diverse line-up of topics
and speakers.

Make your suggestion/proposal to John Figliozzi at <jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
If you have any questions, we'll be happy to discuss them with you. And
even if you've never led a forum before, don't hesitate.   We've learned
that people tend to unfairly and inaccurately minimize their own abilities.
We know you'll  be great...but you have to  let us in on what you're thinking!
We promise a quick turnaround on your proposal once we are able to
survey the field.

Be a part of the 2018 Winter SWL Fest program!

73 and 88 to the Ladies (with due apologies to Ian McFarland)
John Figliozzi
Richard Cuff
2018 Winter SWL Fest (and apparently for life) Co-Chairs