[Swprograms] Podding Along - Issue 385

Podcasts permit a shift of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.  I do it while “power walking” (most) every morning when weather permits.  Hence…Podding Along!

Some of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Apart from the originating program’s web site, most programs are made available through any number of other sources.

This continuing series of small samplings in more or less 90 minute helpings are curated by me.  I attest to the fact that I have listened to every podcast listed here.  So admittedly these are thoroughly subjective recommendations.  But my interests and tolerance for incompatible topics and views are pretty wide-ranging, even if I do say so myself.

__ __

“The damage done by emotionally immature parents (and how to heal)”
ALL IN THE MIND - ABC RN (Radio National)
How would you describe your parents? Nobody's perfect, but some parents leave more of a mark than others. (30”)
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/allinthemind/damage-done-by-emotionally-immature-parents/13331850

“The Base Tapes - Part 1”
BACKGROUND BRIEFING - ABC RN (Radio National)
Secret recordings reveal how a global white supremacist terror group dedicated to inciting a race war recruited young Australian men. (42”)
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/the-base-tapes-part-one/13274832

— —

A monthly (well, mostly monthly) compendium of these newsletters, plus on occasion additional pertinent material, is now published in The CIDX Messenger, the monthly e-newsletter of the Canadian International DX Club (CIDX).  For further information, go to www.cidx.ca

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide”
Current 184 page 9th EDITION available from Universal Radio [universal-radio.com], Amazon [amazon.com], Ham Radio Outlet [hamradio.com]