From: amdx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amdx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Saul Chernos
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:53 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America;
am@xxxxxxxxxxx; amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; amdx@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amdx] DX test CFFX 960 Kingston ON

I haven't been able to reach Jim Pogue of the BCB DX test committee - his
voicemail box is full and he hasn't answered my e-mails. He's normally very
responsive and great to deal with, so he may be away for the holidays. In
the meantime, I have news about a DX test I would normally have asked him to

announce, but time is getting very tight, so I have decided to issue the
test notification directly. Please feel free to forward this far and wide,
and to print in any paper, audio or electronic DX bulletins. - Saul Chernos

DX TEST -- 960 CFFX ON Kingston

TIME: Early morning of Tuesday January 15 (Monday night).

MODE OF OPERATION: CFFX will test using its 10,000-watt daytime directional
pattern.

PROGRAMMING: Regular adult contemporary programming. Special test material
will consists of three hourly voice announcements followed by special test
material lasting several minutes. These will air roughly at the top of the
hour, at approximately 0000, 0100 and 0200 EST, give or take a few minutes
depending on the program log.

CONTEXT: CFFX is completing its move to 104.3 on the FM band this morning,
and 960 is scheduled to sign off for goood at 0600 EST. As part of the
transition, the AM has simulcast the FM for the past three months. This test

marks the final phase of the transition, and the test content will also air
on 104.3. This is your last chance to log CFFX on 960, so if it takes two
alarm clocks to wake you, well, you've been warned!

We will issue QSLs, but I am not yet 100 percent sure who will handle the
reports. Either the station, or me, or both of us. Regardless, we will
definitely want audio recordings if at all possible, and we want reports
sent via e-mail if at all possible. Snail-mail reports only when accompanied

by SASE will be acknowledged. The QSL will be the same, regardless. We'll
update the QSL situation soon.

Saul Chernos

files! Register first.

Order your WRTH 2008: