Re: [IRCA] CBA 1070

At 03:44 PM 7/21/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>CBA is 50 kW ND and Patrick has a Beverage of 1500 feet at 75 degrees and
>bearing from Seaside to Moncton is 67.6 degrees so we can see why Patrick
>has CBA logged. As for WIBC...huh ? Can they really be a factor out west at
>night ? Their night pattern puts almost no signal towards the west and
>honestly they aren't that good here near Chicago !
>
>73 KAZ

KAZ,

For some unknown reason, WIBC puts out a side lobe of about 5 kW ERP almost
due west. I think they aim to cover Vincennes, Indiana.

Refer to FCC or to the NRC DA Pattern book to see WIBC's night DA pattern.

I would expect a poor signal mostly up in Chicago from them; but boy, they
put in a WHOPPING signal down here in e. North Carolina!

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina