Re: [IRCA] KYPA-1230 flat top antenna is gone

Re: [IRCA] KYPA-1230 flat top antenna is gone

Regarding Doug Pifers question about the 1580 antenna site: They have at least 6 towers up on a hill East of Hollywood. I did photograph that site once. I think a lot of their signal goes out over the Pacific Ocean...Mike Sanburn

>From: "Doug Pifer" <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [IRCA] KYPA-1230 flat top antenna is gone
>Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:24:27 -0700
>
>A couple of things. I always liked KGFJ simply because the call letters
>stood for "Keeping Good Folks Joyful" . I believe it was the first station I
>learned about where the initials related to something and that has stuck
>with me for years.  Sorry to see the Ant. go. Now onto KBLA. Where is this
>antenna geographically located. 1580 makes think of Santa Monica, but KBLA
>makes me think of "1590" and the antenna above the Verdugo Hills/ Glendale
>area.  Any Info?
>
>  73-Doug Pifer
>Albany, Oregon

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security.