[IRCA] Large Loop

Hi,

I am trying to come up with an antenna to replace my NNW beverage. My
neighbor is replacing the fence, but he is putting one line of electric
fence along it. He said I could use the fence for my beverage, however I
would have to conceal the wire along the fencing. Even though the R8
does have a good noise blanker, having my antenna a foot or two away
from the electric fence wire probably is not a great idea, plus another
neighbor nearby has a light dimmer and my Northern beverage started
behind his house and radiated to my receiver very badly. Now that the
beverage is gone 95% of his dimmer noise is gone too.
    I have been trying to fiqure out a new antenna with a good lobe to
the North/NW/NE, something along those lines. A EWE or K9AY isn't
practical as I don't have the room in that direction. But how about a
large loop in a Fir tree in my backyard.? Maybe untuned. 8X8, 10X10,
etc. Something directional N/S. Of course I don't see how I would build
one that would be only directional to the North, but any feedback on
this?  I have a 50 foot Fir tree.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin