[IRCA] Why I love this hobby

Just got a phone call from Richard Atwood, WDØBGO, CE at WYLD/Clear Channel
in New Orleans. I had mailed the station a reception report in early
October. He said he was sorry for taking so long to reply, but that he was
still putting the 7 stations he is responsible for back together after
Hurricane Katrina. He promised a QSL letter with goodies as soon as he could
find the time, but wanted to call and let me know he hadn?t forgotten about
me.

Many of us whine and moan about the sorry state of the hobby, but guys like
Richard make it all worthwhile. What a great hobby this is.

Jim Pogue

Memphis, Tennessee USA

NRD-535, ICF-2010

Wellbrook LA5030 loop, attic longwire