[IRCA] KSJB 600 Jamestown, ND

For all the times I've listened to Classic Country KSJB online, I've yet to
hear it on a regular AM radio ... till TONIGHT!

I was tuning across the dial on my $10 Walmart boombox just past the bottom
of the hour and while I wasn't sure exactly what frequency I was on but knew
I was *near* 600kHz, I heard a female announcer giving temperatures for a
bunch of places in Canada, Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota, so I
figured it HAD to be KSJB!

She then mentioned "Right here in Jamestown at Classic Country KSJB, it is
38 degrees" (I think that was the temperature given, but I'm not sure). I
enjoyed being able to call up a radio station at 10:40 pm and make a request
for a song and having it played.

(By the way, I requested Tennessee Ernie Ford's song "Sixteen Tons". It was
the first classic country song that came to mind!)

Paul Walker
Ord, Nebraska (55 to 60 air miles northwest of Grand Island, NE)
www.onairdj.com