Re: [IRCA] Palm Springs radio update

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that STA power was more like 50 Watts, but I dont
remember where I saw that.. some newspaper article ages ago.

One wonders how they've operated like this for almost 10 years.

Ah, that one's easy! Because they applied for the move to Redlands back in 2004, they can keep telling the FCC every six months that they're still waiting for the FCC to rule on the Redlands application. As long as that app remains in the pipeline without a ruling, they can keep getting an STA to operate Hemet on a longwire, since they can claim that they don't intend to stay in Hemet and there's no point rebuilding there. (They're also pointing to zoning issues that keep them from getting a new site in Hemet.)