Re: [IRCA] Palm Springs radio update

YES! In the 1970s I remember 1430 was KARM, one of the many country music stations in the central valley. KMAK 1340 was also a major C&W player in Fresno (Then) They were once owned by Mc Mahans Furniture company...Then there was KEAP 980. One of the really charming things about that station was listening to them sign off at sunset with Brahms lulaby. KNGS Hanford  (now KIGS) was C&W then. The old KCEY 1390 in Turlock was easily heard in Fresno with C&W. For a brief time between being nostelgia/big band  and  SS, KCHJ 1010 Delano even became C&W music....(Pat reminded me that KNTA is in Santa Clara....) I think a religious FMer in the valley brought back the KARM call sign a few years back. ms