SCHEDULE: Norway UKE-senderen

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, POLITICS, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL,
QUESTION. For more information, please check
http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/ or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

Hello friends,
thanks to the participants of the DX camp in Marx, north Germany, I was
reminded to the transmissions of the students radio station in Trondheim,
which are to be expected this year again. As I stored some information in
my computer, to be able to alert the readers of the ADDX bulletin KURIER in
time, I want to share it with all HCDXers :-)

The students of the Trondheim University celebrates their Student Rag Week
every two years in October. This autumn they run it again. This is the
longest week in Norway, perhaps in the world, since it lasts for 23 days!
During the "week" the students have lots of fun, arranging concerts,
theatre plays, etc etc. And for decades they have had their own radio
station in service. The Student Rag Week Station, "UKE-senderen" will
broadcast on the following frequencies: 7215,1 kHz, 1485 kHz and locally on
FM. SW and MW will be in the range of 300 Watts. SW will be fed into a
two-element Yagi-antenna on the top of a 13-story building. The antenna is
mounted on a rotor, and the direction will be changed. No details received
as to when certain directions will be used. 1485 kHz is fed to an inverted
V antenna, unfortunately not very high above ground. The student rag week
starts on October 20th, and lasts until November 12th, but
test-transmissions can be expected any day now. FM is already operational
with tests. (I guess it will last a week or two until the first HF-tests
appear!) All transmitters are expected to be on air 24 hours, with taped
music and announcement during the hours, when regular programming is not
broadcast. The HF-transmitters are both ex Coastal Station equipment,
heavily rebuilt by the technical students! If you want to phone the
Students Radio Club, the Academic Radio Club, their phone number is +47-73
50 94 10. In DX-News, the member magazine of the Norwegian DX Listeners'
Club, no 1/96, there are mentioned that the old address no longer is being
used. You should better send your reports to this address: UKE-Senderen
Akademisk radioklubb Studentersamfundet, N-7030 Trondheim, Norway.
Source: Bernt Erfjord via Jan Alvestad (in 1995) via Passmann

The Akademisk Radioklubb is responsible for the UKE-senderen broadcasts,
and it also operates LA1K. It has about 50 members, with some ten chosen to
work on the broadcasts. Frequency used in the past has been 7215. The last
programs were in October-November 1995.
Source: Dave Valko, USA via Numero Uno 1374 via Passmann

     Famous last sentence: "I do not think that Windows 95 will crash now".
       _/_/
      _/_/
     _/_/  Willi Passmann
    _/_/  Oberhausener Str. 100
   _/_/  45476 Muelheim, Germany
  _/_/  Tel./Fax: ++49-208-779399 (National 0208-779399)
 _/_/  E-Mail dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx