QUESTION/EQUIPMENT: Re: NRD-525

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, OFF-TOPIC, PIRATE, POLITICS, PUBLICATION,
SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION. For more information, please check
http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/ or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

As per the RDI Whitepaper Review on the NRD 525 NoiseBlanker:The
5254 includes a first rate dual width noise blanker with continuously
variable level control.In the WIDE position,the 525 version of this
circuit is unusually effective in alleviating disruption of reception by
thr RAT A TAT TAT Of Soviet Woodpecker over the horizon radar
transmissions.
     As is the case with virtually all shared-frequency blankers,the
noise blanker of the 525 acts on unwanted pulse interference only after
the signal stength of the interference more or less exceeds that of the
desired received signal.	Pulse interference at or below the level of the
signal you're trying to hear will hammer away unfathomed by your
receivers blanker.
       Thats the RDI/Magne review.....I hope this helps Hans or anyone
else interested.I think they still sell these reviews....I believe
either Grove or Universal Electronics sold these at one time,and still
do.  tom messer,river falls,wisconsin.