Re: [HCDX]: Cape Cod MW Bandscan on the Web

Re: [HCDX]: Cape Cod MW Bandscan on the Web

     Mark:
     I now live in Greensboro, NC, but grew up in the Daytona Beach area of
FL (on the coast... maybe 2 miles inland on the river).  I always note your
comments regarding hets on 1520 on the car radio, etc.  I listen at home, but
can never hear them.  Now, I'm in FL for a week visiting my mother and you
are so right.  1520 often comes up well before sundown, sometimes louder than
WWKB.  I'm hearing an even bigger het on 1510.  In fact, they're all over the
dial.  It's obvious what a help the hets would be in identifying signal
strength from various areas at particular times.  I am going to try to list
the ones I'm hearing, soon.
     Listening to 560, I now recall hearing the het on WQAM as a kid.  I
didn't know what it was at the time.  1314, Norway is fairly strong.  I have
no frequency lists here, so I am only going by the few I remember in
identifying the sources.  I have never logged a TA, but it's obvious that it
could easily be done here with a beverage.  Maybe you can answer something
for me.  Since 630 is a 9k spacing channel, what am I hearing there as a het?

     Sure wish I'd brought a source book with me.  Can you suggest an online
source that does not require a download?  I forget how I got lists at home
without my Favorite Places.  Anyway, wanted to let you know how much I enjoy
looking at your loggings when you post them.  I would love to do a trip to dx
there sometime.  I need a decent radio!  I vacationed with my family on Cape
Cod a few years back and visited the Marconi site, etc.  I think our hotel
was near Denis, if I recall.  I took a SuperRadio to a point of land on the
beach during the day and caught Norfolk on 850 and some others.  I guess
1700, Miami would have been audible if they were on.
     At night, from the hotel balcony, I heard 770, Columbia over WABC.  That
really surprised me, but I've seen you show the same.  That area really rocks
for reception.  Do I recall correctly that you actually mentioned hearing
audio from 1521 on the car radio on one occasion?
     Forgive my stream-of-consciousness rambling, Mark.

73's

Brian Goodrich