[HCDX] to QSL or not to QSL

>  From:    andys@xxxxxxxxxx (Andy Sennitt)

>  that mail to the station will be intercepted. They could argue that by
>  becoming a de facto international broadcaster, the station is in breach of
>  its licence. They could use foreign DXers' reception reports as evidence of
>  this.

This is a striking point. On the other hand, as soon as they started using
the internet for getting their programs out, they also started kind of an
international service. But having a shortwave service off course is something
different, especially in areas like Africa.

It´s a fact that Radio Ecclesia will receive letters from abroad, asking for
QSLs, no matter what we will discuss here. May be it´s bad for the station,
may be it´s good, because it gives Radio Ecclesia an international
recognition, which might make it harder for the Angolan government to shut it
down. May be the latter is just wishful thinking, because they just don´t
care.

It´s fine that Radio Netherlands offers support to stations like Radio
Ecclesia. I wish more international broadcasters would support freedom of
information not only by producing their own programs, but also by providing
airtime to suppressed stations.

Btw: One good way to save Radio Ecclesia from getting too many letters from
abroad would be a change in RN´s policy concerning QSLing such relayed
programs. Just kidding ;-)

vy73
Harald