[HCDX] Re: Mark Fine's software

In a message dated 7/24/00 5:51:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hard-core-dx-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< From: "Andy Sennitt" <andys@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: RE: [HCDX] Useful software
 Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:57:14 +0200
 charset="iso-8859-1"

 Enzio Gehrig wrote:

 > after discovering after two years of usage (sic!) that there is a
 > CumbreLite
 > reader available I also found out there is a fairly recent viewer
 > available
 > for ILG, HFCC,  Whamlog and SWBC databases. Both programs can be
 > downloaded
 > for free at http://www.fineware-swl.com/

 I am planning to review these programs for Media Network. Mark has been in
 the software business for some years and his products have a good
 reputation. I'd be interested in comments from anyone on the list who has
 used these. I may be able to use some quotes (with credit, of course) in the
 review.

 Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
 individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
 reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

 Andy Sennitt

Andy,
I have used Mark Fine's Drake R8 control software for about 2 years, in fact
it is one of the reasons I bought an Drake R8 used from Bob Brown. I love it.
Mark's latest software RLDB combines his database, ILG's Whamlog, etc and
still controls the R8. It provides the best way to try to find stations that
are on the air I can think of.
You can quote me on that.

David J. Snyder
127 Joseph Avenue