Re: [HCDX] Re: Mark Fine's software

andys@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Mark has been in
  the software business for some years and his products have a good
  reputation. I'd be interested in comments from anyone on the list who has
  used these. >>

Andy,

Mark's "RLDB" (Radio Listener's Database) knocked me over from the start. I
was immediately and irrevocably hooked. The concept is innovative and the
execution artful. I was constantly forgetting to check the Fineware website
for updates to the SWBC Schedules, so I especially like RLDB's update
feature, which scans for updates on the websites of all the supported
databases with a single click on a drop down menu.

I have used the "Smart Kenwood Control" software for quite some time. Very
little computer control was designed into my Kenwood TS-50 transceiver, but
Mark's software fully exploits what little there is in the way of receiver
control. He has cleverly configured RLDB so that its radio control can be
turned off and Smart Kenwood can run right alongside it for heavier duty
radio control.

Support is an important issue with me, and Fineware's is superb. Mark has
always responded promptly and patiently, no matter how dumb my questions.

Regards,
Dave White