[HCDX] News from Venezuela

CDJ Orientación has periodical surveys of stations in densely populated areas.

>From a recent survey published by Nelson Padilla in his Meridiano 2001 column I learn that the Cd. Bolívar station on 1380 is called R Revelación, which seems to be a new name, perhaps indicative of a change of format.

The Cd. Guayana station on 740 is reportedly still R Caroní, while R Cuyuní is on 106.5 FM
announcing "Cuyuní 106 FM".

R Llanera seems to be ex-R 1400, in Barinas.

The ranking lists mention a R Suprema, in San Fernando de Apure. No frequency is given.

A R Superior, in Valera, is also mentioned. No indication of frequency.

In Caracas, AM 14-90 Dinámica  has changed to a format of Christian contemporary music, including "gaitas", "joropos" and "salsa".  Addr. per Conatel is Blvd. Brasil, Santa Ana a Providencia, Casa No. 78, La Pastora, Caracas, DF. Luis Huelga is "director ad honorem" (honorary manager) per the newspaper "El Universal"  in their column called "En el dial".

R Suave 1260 changed its name and format three years ago to Palabra de Vida.  Is affiliated to Red de Radiodifusión Bíblica, in Charlotte, NC.  Edgar Croes is their C. E.  Music is Christian "oldies".

R Nacional de Venezuela, "RNV",  runs four different channels: Canal Clásico 91.1, Antena Informativa (all news) 1050, Antena Popular, music and sports, 630, and their "Onda Corta Internacional", which is one of the toughest foreign services to hear from Latin America.

Henrik Klemetz