[HCDX] Logs for August 28

1110 unID SS, AUG 28 2333 - Woman w/ news items in Spanish, mixing with a NOS domestic. Either YVQT or a Spanish domestic. Radio Carupano (YVQT)  - from SSE - at sunset and the SS domestic in New Hampshire from SE are regular before WBT fades in from SSW. (Chiochiu-QC)

9575 MOROCCO, Medi Un, Nador AUG 28 2032 - Fairly strong, the best reception was on 9573 due to adjacent channel interference from Gabon-9580; playing "Cherish" by Kool and the Gang from 1984, followed by an Italian tune, brief woman talk, then back to music; SIO 433. Presumed log from hearing this regularly. (Chiochiu-QC)

9580 GABON, Africa Numéro Un, Libreville AUG 28 2045 - Very strong with some fadings (SIO 544, due to the fadings) with "discothèque Africaine". ID for the 107.5 FM retransmitter in Paris beetwen 2 songs. Time pips at 2100 UTC with "Il est vingt-et-une heure à Lomé..." and other time-checks followed by news. Altough this one is almost always very strong and they are very regular, I still consider this DX because they transmit toward Central Africa on 9580, not toward North America. Reception of international broadcasters toward OTHER continents is DX for me, personally. (Chiochiu-QC)

I will leave home early tomorrow morning to see a friend, so I will not have perphaps too much time to DX tonight.

That's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan ---[Start Commercial]---------------------

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.